Monday, August 26, 2013

Two Down, One to Go

Short and sweet blog...

I remember the day that Stevie started Kindergarten. I remember taking her to school, in Germany. I remember dressing her so cute, and walking her to her class... and wishing that she needed me more! But she was so independent and sweet... urging me to get to work, that she'd be fine :) I cried the WHOLE WAY! I couldn't believe how big my sweet Stevie had gotten. She was going to REAL school - not daycare. The clock just hit fast forward... 13 years of school is not that many! I'm not ready to let her go!


Fast forward to 2013. Not only was I anxiously waiting for summer to be over... I rushed through vacation weekend, hurried them through dinner and baths, and high-fived myself after tucking them into bed last night because today marked a newfound freedom! Not only 1, but TWO of my children would be starting school this year. And I wasn't the least bit sad. Maybe it's because I know I have one more "first day" to look forward to with Victoria. For Ava, I was excited.... just as much for her as I was for me. She's been looking forward to starting school for ... 5.5 years?! :P And me? Well... Who can argue with getting to stay home with only 1/3 of her children all day?!


Stevie is now a 6th grader, and Ava is a very proud kindergartner... even if she puked and had to come home 2 hours into her day :( Tomorrow, Ava gets to ride the bus for the first time! (which means leaving 30 minutes earlier than she left today....) YESSSSSSSSS!!! (jk) sort of.

Meanwhile, back at the house... Victoria and I babysit cutie pie Avery until 230pm... then we pick up Stevie from school... then we head to soccer practice... then tomorrow's bath night... then... omg. Senior Year - WHERE ARE YOU?!

No comments:

Post a Comment