Sunday, July 15, 2012

Summer Vacation (from kids!)

$600 and 5 hours later, Stevie Lynn is at summer camp. For 2 weeks! I'm excited for her! She'll be able to look back someday and say "I went to a 2 week summer camp in southern Germany!" It's a real adventure camp... living in tents, kayaking on the lake, water balloon fights, campfires, and tons of kids wallowing in the mud and playing in the rain. For her, I hope it's everything that every kid wishes they could experience.

For me? *sweet sigh of relief* It's a two week vacation from having to play referee between her and Ava. Ava constantly begging to ride the coattails of her big sister on the playground, and Stevie, constantly looking for excuses as to why it's not the best idea for Ava to be outside with her right now.

And then? I've got an AWESOME mother-in-law (for more reasons than a few) that is taking Stevie AND Ava this summer for almost 2 weeks! For the girls - what fun, to spend time with their family in a farmhouse in France... running around the garden, chasing lizards and playing in the water. Going on walks through the forest, and splashing in the creek. For me (and Nico) we get to experience life has parents of only ONE child.... for 2 beautiful weeks.

Well, added bonus for me is that Nico won't be going to get the girls until after I'm on a plane to Sweden for work... so I won't see them for a total of a month after they leave for France.

YES - I will miss them. But you know what? They're going to have fun. I don't have to worry about their safety. I have peace of mind in all situations regarding their absence.

Let the vacation begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment