Friday, January 13, 2012

Looking Backward

As explained in Fashionista Part I - Stevie is a girlie girl. However, we live in Germany where it isn't always appropriate to wear skirts and dresses and flip flops to school (especially in late autumn, early winter.)

Here you have:  Fashionista, part II.

So one day... in first grade... I had picked out Stevie's clothes for school that day while she was eating breakfast. She finished eating, and then ran in to see what she was wearing that day, just as I was walking out. She was furious to find that I'd picked out another pair of jeans, a sweater, and thick socks to keep her warm. (I mean, she'll be outside during recess, and walking to and from school as well...) I just wanted my baby girl to be warm! Well, it's true... mothers DO have eyes in the back of their head. I caught Stevie's reflection in a picture frame on the way out of her bedroom and that little girl scrunched up her nose, opened her mouth wide, crossed her eyes, and stuck her tongue as far out as she possibly could in protest of her chosen wardrobe. It took all I had not to laugh! I simply kept walking, entertained with the knowledge that I was a terrible mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment