Saturday, January 14, 2012

No No!!

A few months ago, I had to use the "mean voice" with Victoria. She has a great habit of playing with her food halfway through her meal. She loves to stow things in her seat - so she'll pick up hot dogs or grapes or whatever she's eating and proceed to put them down the side of her chair where they collect under the padding until the weekend comes and I can dump out her stash.

I caught her doing this one evening at dinner, and I leaned over and got in her face and sternly said "NO NO!" Her eyes became huge... tears welled up in her eyes and her cheeks turned dark red. Then - the biggest pouting lip I've ever seen protruded and she opened up her lungs and let out a loud wail! (my mean voice worked.)

Terrible mommy confession: I showed this new trick to friends when they'd come over. I'd use the mean voice just so they could see the pouting lip for themselves (because it was so cute) and then I'd pick her up and cuddle her before she had the chance to cry. Hahahahahahahaaha....

No comments:

Post a Comment