Thursday, January 12, 2012

Welcome to the Confessional

The other night on facebook, I confessed that I was about to send my 4 year old to bed without brushing her teeth. You see, she's hyper. (it's unbearable and overwhelming at times.) So any extra step that will save me 5 minutes of peace and quiet - you bet I'm gonna be all over that! However, I was quickly reminded by a very persistent "good" child that the sugar bugs would eat all her teeth if she didn't brush them. So the terrible mommy in me grumbled all the way to the bathroom... cursed under my breath as I squirted toothpaste on her toothbrush, and very gently kept myself from popping her little brain out with my bare fist as I held her head still so I could scrub her pearly whites.

Once all children were in bed... I posted about my "terrible-ness" and laughed at the silly things I've done over the years as a mother... Then I thought to myself - I need to write this stuff down. It will give other mothers a chance to read that they're not alone (because I really did think I was the only bad mom who would ever skip toothbrushing, until others confessed to it too!) It will bring a good laugh to those who are stressed out and impatient with their own heathens... And later on, when I've got enough stories for print - it will serve as something that my children can look back on and realize "Hey... my mom really did love me!"

I hope you enjoy my coming confessions of being a terrible mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment