Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Unfinished Projects

When I was 2 months pregnant with Stevie, I decided I was going to start a journal for her. What it was like to experience my pregnancy with her... the places we went (while she was in my belly) and the things we did together while she was too young to remember. I did ok for a few months... then I had her and I was WAYYY too busy to sit down and write. So months would pass between entries. Finally, I stopped writing in it all together.

Then I had Ava. I bought two matching journals, and planned to transcribe Stevie's old one into the new one and write for both daughters. Now, I have Stevie's original, Stevie's half transcribed new one, and a blank one for Ava.

Stevie's baby book is the only thing I completed - cover to cover. Stuffed it with pictures and millions of words to document her first years. Ava's is about 3/4 complete. Not as many pictures in it as I would like. I skipped a few months of development tracking. Poor Victoria - Her baby book is bare. I truly feel bad! I don't remember the exact day of her first steps... the month that she started laughing... when she started using a sippy cup, or what her first real food was.

These unfinished projects are reminders of a terrible mommy! How did I become so busy that I couldn't sit down and dedicate a few moments a day to documenting the lives of my children!? (I promise, I do... just not on paper!) These three heathens bring me SO MUCH love and joy. Every bit of it is engraved on my heart, embedded in my soul. I can only pray that when they're older, they don't hate me or judge me for the lack of ink I put on paper... but rather measure my love for them in the experiences that I have provided for them, and the dedication I gave to them throughout their lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment